Mission Statement & Aims
"We grow and learn in the footsteps of Jesus"
St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School Mission Statement
At St. Mary’s ‘We Grow and Learn in the Footsteps of Jesus.’
At St Mary’s Catholic Primary school, we place Jesus and the teachings of the Catholic Church at the heart of our school community. Mary, mother of Jesus, has a special place in our school family, teaching us that by having faith and trust in God we can all achieve extraordinary things.
Walking in the footsteps of Jesus we aim to:-
- celebrate and live out the Gospel values daily as shown in the Beatitudes.
- enable pupils to be confident and secure in their Catholic faith, as well as being knowledgeable and respectful of other religions, cultures and beliefs.
- provide a broad and balanced education which will help children to grow to their full potential in school, the parish and the wider community.
- challenge the school community to aspire to be the person God wants them to be.
- promote the wellbeing, freedom and dignity of every person, recognising that they are made in the image and likeness of God.
- nurture the children to thrive and grow into adults who will serve their community and play a valuable part in the wider world around them.
- develop links with home, involving families in the life of the school and the Catholic education of their children
- provide a welcoming, caring and safe environment where positive behaviour and relationships are celebrated
- make clear rules, supporting everyone in understanding how to forgive and be forgiven
- promote equality of opportunity for all regardless of gender, race, culture, sexual orientation or disadvantage