Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Parents: your child could be eligible for £1,345 in extra funding per year if you qualify for Pupil Premium. If you qualify via Free School Meals, you need to apply for this actively from Reception onwards, even though their lunch is free at this point. If you don't apply, your child is not visible in the system when Pupil Premium funding is allocated.
How to apply
Please use the website below to see if you are entitled to claim free school meals.
If you are unsure if you are eligible, please speak to the school office in complete confidence. It is important to us that everyone receives their full entitlement.